Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a misunderstanding!

"Yes! Finally the tests are over!” I shouted, heaving a sigh of relief.

It was a Friday evening and the sky was covered in a myraid of colours. I was going home from school and was reaching the foot of my block.

“When I reach home, I am going to play my PSP ,watch television…” I said to myself ,quickening my footsteps .

Just as I was drooling over the things I could do, an object placed in my path, blocked my way , interrupting my thoughts and made me fall .

“Wah!” I shouted as the fall took place and I landed on my knees. Feeling my sore knees, I scanned the area, finding the culprit of my fall. It was a small parcel . The suspicious-looking parcel was wrapped up in a thick sheet of paper. It was securely tied with a thick piece of rope.

Curiosity mingled with fear, I crawled forward to find out what was in the parcel. My mind was racing, I did not know if I should go for it and open the parcel or just leave it alone. But after much deliberation, my curiosity overcame my fears and I decided to open the parcel. Before I could even lay a finger on the parcel, a man tightly gripped my arm and I was shocked out of my wits .I looked up and there stood a muscular bald man with tattoos printed all over him from head to toe.

“What do you think you are doing?! “his voice boomed in my ears. Adrenaline coursed through every vein in my body. I stood there, too frightened to talk. The man did not wait for my response and pushed me aside, and made off with the parcel. I got back on my feet and looked around and as if magic, a neighborhood police officer who was patrolling around appeared at the scene.

I told him about the situation and we immediately went to find the man . Not long after, we found him standing under a block .The policeman swiftly ran up to the man and caught him by the arm. I went forward when the policeman beckoned me to do so. I grabbed the parcel and tore it open. I saw a red and white capsule in a zip-lock bag. I took a closer look and saw the word “cancer” on the bag.

The policeman asked the tattooed man what was happening and he said that the drugs were from the doctor. His mother had contracted cancer and needed the drugs urgently. Upon hearing this, I felt a hot blush in my cheeks and I immediately apologized to both the policeman and the muscular man profusely for all the trouble caused.

The muscular man went off .The policeman went back to his patrolling while I scurried back home. From that day onwards, I decided not to poke my nose in other people’s business ever again.

Contributed by Juliano
Class of 6-9 2009

1 comment:

love♂4ever said...

wonderful compo!!! Good for you, Juliano! however, i think if i work hard, i can win you.
Tricia Lim