Monday, September 28, 2009

CW by Meng Yu

l was always a responsible class monitress and a good student in the teacher's eyes and l also get along well with my classmates.But there was once,l had disappointed my teacher and lost her trust in the end.
That day,l sat on my usual seat in the canteen while l was eating.My best friend,Tinghui came to me,her expression was full of anxiety and worries.
"l thought you were supposed to be in Mrs Tan's office,helping her carrry books?"l asked wandering why she was so anxious.
"Um...You did not tell anyone about it right?"She asked,looking around.
l nodded and looked her suspiciously,wandering what she could have done.
"Well,you must promise me no tto tell the teacher about it,"she paused,scanning around,"l accidentally spilt Mrs Tan's coffee on her work,accidentally,"She accented the word 'accidentally'.
"Oh!"l choked,"you are going to get it from her if she knows that!" She quickly covered my mouth and put one finger on her mouth.
"You are going to help me,aren't you?You are my best friend right?l'm sure the teacher will ask all of us who have seen this incident or something like that,you just need to keep quiet and sit there,okay?"She whispered in my ear.
"If you are going to let the cat out of the bag,l am not going to talk to you forever,not a single word!"She warned me.
l sat there,still like a statue.Still thnking through what she had told me.l was not used to lie to people but she was my best friend and l could not betary her.That was the most difficult decisionl have ever had to make.Between friendship and honesty,l needed to choose either one,but both were important to me.l sighed and decided to put them a side,and see what would happen next.
True enough,Mrs Tan was frustrated but she wanted the person to own up.Maybe,l thought,she would give the person a chance.A sweat rolled down my cheek and l realised that l was nervous,very nervous.l saw Tinghui blink at me and put a finger on her lips.l knew she wanted me to keep quiet.
"This is nothing big.Just be quiet.The teacher will not know.Just shut mouth."l told myself in my heart while l felt butterflies in my stomach.
"If no one is going to own up,l am going to find out on my own."Mrs Tan announced and stormed out of the classroom.
Soon,the students were murmuring about this incident and Tinghui smiled at me.l did not feel happy or relieved but just guilty.
"Shh...."As soon as we heard the teacher's footsteps,we kept very quiet.
"You have been to my office right?Tinghui."Mrs Tan asked,arms arcoss her chest. All of us turned to her and some were murmuring under their breathe.Shocked,Tinghui stood up and nodded.
"You come to me,"Mrs Tan said.
l felt more nervous,afraid that Tinghui would say anything related to me.l tried to calm myself down.After a few minutes,l was also called by the teacher and l knew that was the end of me .Standing in front of Mrs Tan, l prepared for the worst.She did not shout or scream at me,that made me relieved.But,all she said was,"l am really disappointed in you."
That's when l felt the real pain,the thing which was so important.l had lost it,the trust.

2 comments:

Debbiee♥ said...

your thnking should be thinking and your decisionl should be decision. ^-^

Debbie Koh

Anonymous said...

1)l thought you were supposed to be in Mrs Tan's office,helping her carrry(carry) books?" (line 9-10)
2)"Well,you must promise me no tto(to) tell the teacher about it (16-17)
3)l was not used to lies to people but she was my best friend and l could not betary(betray) her.

Many puntuation mistakes...