Friday, August 21, 2009

CW Accident by Edrick (unedited)

Rain pelted on the windscreen as I tried to manoevoure my car in the jammed and wet road. I stretched my neck as I thought that an accident had happened. “Grr! It’s getting late. What would happen to my job interview? Giving the people a first impression that I would be late might have a negative impact on my job!” I exclaimed as sweat trickled down my cheeks despite the low temperature.

My anxiety rose by the minute. I had yearned a job for almost five years as I was sacked five years ago! Now I was so close to getting a job with a high pay! Out of the blue, I saw a tree swaying from left to right. Suddenly, a strong wind blew past and the tree dropped slowly like matrix in my eyes! It hit the white Honda van right in front of me. My heart was in my mouth. I knew I had to do something but at that point of time, my mind was totally blank! I tried to shake out of my daze. I opened the car door and together with other passers-by, we tried to evacuate all the passengers in the van.

One problem was solved, but almost immediately, another problem arose. The driver complained about having aches and pain all over his body. He was ‘sweating’ red sweat all over. We pulled him out to safety slowly. It was a tough job for us as there was a gaping wound on his kneecap and we were shocked when we saw his knee bone jutting out! But, with our perseverance, we finally pulled the victim out to safety.

As I was in the Red Cross in my younger days, I knew how to help the driver. I ran to my car and took out the first aid kit inside. I bandaged other of his bleeding body parts. I did not dare to touch his legs. That probably explained why I never became a doctor. Also, as I was not experiences, I was terrified that instead of helping him, I would hurt him more. Other passers-by fished out their phones and called the ambulance while I gave the injured man some cream to ease his pain temporarily. The ambulance arrived in a speed of lightning and the driver was whisked to the hospital for treatment.

When I was back in my car, preparing to move off, I saw a double rainbow. “WOW! Double rainbow. Good luck is coming soon. Maybe the driver will recover quickly and I would get my job! WOHOO!” I shouted and sped off.

No comments: