Friday, August 21, 2009

CW6 Accident on the bus by Belinda (unedited)

“Bye Joan, see you tomorrow!” I waved to my friend and boarded the bus.
It was a typical Monday after school and I was heading home. I slumped down onto the seat as the bus started moving off. I hummed a tune and glanced out of the window.
My eyes widened and I gasped when I caught a glimpse of a car speeding towards the bus. I glanced at the bus driver and saw that he was frantically holding the steering wheel. Within seconds, the bus swerved to the right and pandemonium struck.
Frantic shouting and shrieks of terror could be heard. People clung onto the poles for their dear lives and I held onto the poles so tightly that my knuckles turned white. From the corner of my eye, I could see a young schoolboy wailing as the back of his head had hit the pole. Another old lady was hurled from her seat and her bag of groceries landed on the floor with a loud thud. All her fruits and vegetables were scattered all over the place.
I looked ahead and my jaws went wide agape. The bus was heading straight to a tree!
“Oh no, bye everyone! I’m done for!” I closed my eyes so tightly that I could feel the pain on my forehead. I clutched the pole and prepared for worst.
A deafening “Bang!” could be heard and once again, chaos broke out. I opened one eye followed by the other. Everything seemed to be fine except for the bus and the bus driver. The driver was lying face down on the steering wheel, unconscious. There was a deep gash on his forehead and he was bleeding profusely.
Also, the glass pane at the front of the bus was smashed to smithereens and shards of glass were strewn all over the road.
Luckily, someone already called the ambulance and the police and they had arrived to the scene. The paramedics immediately sprang into action and sent the bus driver to the hospital.
As the ambulance drove away, I prayed that the bus driver would be fine I hoped that I will never experience another accident ever.

No comments: