Tuesday, July 28, 2009

CW: Hiking by Wei Long (unedited)

The hike started out fine, until I got stunned by the object that flew by me at high velocity.

I wondered what was that, and stole a glance at the direction of where it came from. There was nothing. Maybe the object is just an animal, so I carried on with the hike, keeping mum of what I saw to my classmates.

All of a sudden I got an illusion in my mind that the object was from a arisoka with a bayonet, which is … a Japanese weapon ! All I could think of is “Tell my friends, tell my friends ! “. So I did.

I beckoned then to stop for awhile. So Cloudia, Cynthia and Jin crowed around me as I told them about my illusion. Cynthia, a sharpshooter, gave me a convinced yet annoyed look, while the other two ignored me.

Then I got the illusion again. It was clearer this time, showing a Japanese man wielding the arisoka, aiming at a buliding, then the illusion faded away again. I was damn sure I saw the arisoka now. But what was the building ?

I went on hiking and expectedly, I got another illusion after some monets. It showed the Istana, the President’s house. I froze in my tracks.

Once again I told my friends about the illusion. We discussed that we better descend the hill, as we were risking our lives.

I said,”Maybe the President offended someone, or even people.” Upon reaching home I immediately surfed the net for latest news for any criminal escape or Japanese invasion. I saw a article about a Japanese man on a killing spree. I almost screamed.

I grabbed the telephone and dialled ‘999’ for the police to tell them about my illusions. Just then I got yet another illusion. It showed the trigger close-up, and someone pulling it. It made my heart beat doubly faster. Then I saw the explosion of the shot, then the full picture. It was actually lego. I blushed and told the police to take back what I said. Ohboy, what kind of illusion is that …

The next week, I received a phone call from the police. They said that I will be rewarded as because of the words I said saved the president’s life. So, was the illusion true, or not ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

5th paragraph 1) It was clearer this time, showing a Japanese man wielding the arisoka, aiming at a buliding, then the illusion faded away again.
5th paragraph 2) building
6th paragraph 3) moments
8th paragraph 4)I said,” Maybe the President offended someone, or even people.”
8th paragraph 5) Upon reaching home, I immediately...
9th paragraph 6) Just then, I got yet another illusion.
9th paragraph 7) It was actually Lego
9th paragraph 8) Oh boy, what kind of illusion is that …
10th paragraph 9)They said that I would be rewarded