Monday, July 27, 2009

Picture Writing - Fire Alarm by Navethira (unedited)

Finally, recess time arrived. My tummy was rumbling. Upon reaching the canteen, I realized that I had left my wallet in class. Frustrated, I dashed back to class to get my wallet. But the sight that greeted me left my mouth agape. Someone had rummaged through my school bag, leaving my books and files scattered all over the floor except for my wallet.
Then out of nowhere, I heard two people whispering. They seemed to be counting money. It was then that it struck me that someone had stolen my wallet which had cash worth hundred of dollars. This was the money that I was going to use to pay my tuition fee later that afternoon. How careless could I be! I then started to panic as I knew that I would be in hot soup if my parents came to know that I had lost my money .thinking of who could have stolen my money, I stood there rooted to the ground.
Then it dawned on me that only Daniel and Tom who sit beside me in class knew about my money. Soon the whispering grew louder. I immediately peered out of the window. As suspected, it was Daniel and Tom, holding my leather wallet.
“Hey! Give my wallet back to me!” I shouted as loud as possible. “No way!” they shouted back. “What kind of classmates, are you?” I cursed under my breath. But both of them turned a deaf ear to my words till I said that I was going to inform my teacher about this.
Knowing the consequences, the boys got a little worried and so they threatened me. Being stubborn I stood firm on my decision. Daniel became agitated. He was furious. In anger, in a blink of an eye, Daniel jabbed on the fire alarm button. The blaring of the fire alarm filled the air. The alarm was so loud that my eardrums were about to burst. Without delay, I raced out of my classroom towards the alarm while they ran towards the canteen innocently. My attempts to stop the alarm were futile.
Meanwhile, a teacher who just had came up to my class spotted me. With her hands on her hips, she dragged me to the principal’s office without confirming if I was the one who had activated the false alarm while the other pupils including Daniel and Tom who got me into this mess were assembling at the school field.
There at the principal’s office, my efforts to explain myself was fruitless I was going to be punished for nothing. Anxiety mingled with fear. Terror seized me. I was robbed of words. I then started to pray earnestly that a miracle would happen.
Just then my form teacher Madam Tan stormed into the room with a video tape in her hand. She addressed the issue and played the recordings of the video taken by the hidden circuit camera, while I was at the brink of tears. My prayers were answered. The recording showed Daniel’s and Tom’s doings. Upon seeing this, I was as happy as a lark and to have had faith and trust I me.
Meanwhile, thinking that they would be left scot-free, Daniel and Tom were giggling away. They did not see the storm brewing ahead of them. They were then confronted by the principal. My wallet was returned to me while Daniel and Tom were severely punished by being suspended from school. They then realized that “honesty is the best policy” and regretted their actions while I had recess happily with my friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(1)Being stubborn(,) I stood firm on my decision.
(5thparagraph)

Anonymous said...

2) Upon seeing this, I was as happy as a lark and to have had faith and trust I me.
9th paragraph)
Suggestion- Upon seeing me, i was as happy as a lark to have had faith and trust in me. (not sure)