Thursday, April 2, 2009

Creative-Writing: Tsunami

I was really relieved when it was finally over. That terrifying disaster would be etched in my mind forever. I just could not believe that water could be so terrifying. Right before my very eyes, I witnessed the water forming a huge wall, heading towards the beach. At that very moment, my eyes popped out of the sockets and my heart skipped a beat. Was I going to survive this dreadful tsunami?

Quickly, I spun around and started to flee. I looked around desperately for any high grounds.

At last, I saw hundreds of people gathering on the nearby hill, so, I decided to take refuge there. As fast as I could, I ascended the hill to save my dear life.

Atop, I witnessed the big, huge wave charging towards the town and flooding it. I heard heartrending screams and cries, but all I could do was shed tears for them. There was nothing I could do to help, nothing.

Most of the villagers drowned and died, their bodies were never found.

Hundreds of people were saved from death and injury. I was glad for them as they had saved their lives with their quick thinking.

I thanked God for sparing my life and I would certainly not forget this harrowing experience I had been through.


Contributed by Nadiah Isa
Class of 6-9 2009

2 comments:

love♂4ever said...

well writen!!I like your composition!!

From:Tricia lim

Debbiee♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.