Thursday, April 9, 2009

Weave a story - Hospitalised

“Mummy, I am home,” I said, locking the main gate.

I went into her room. I was shocked. She was lying on the floor, not moving an inch. Fear mingled with anxiety. What should I do? I called the ambulance. After what seemed like eternity, the ambulance arrived. They rushed her to the Singapore General Hospital. A team of doctors and nurses attended to her.

About an hour later, the doctors told me that her blood pressure was still low, although her condition was not critical. They also told me that she would have to be hospitalized from 22 to 25 March and she was warded to Ward 53C at Singapore General Hospital. Just then, a nurse came. She is Ong Hui Fang.

She attended to my mother and her patients with much care and concern. After my mother’s stay at the hospital, I thanked the nurse for taking care of my mother. My mother is recovering at home now.


Contributed by Hou Xin‘Yu
Class of 6-9 2009

No comments: