Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CW: Edrick's Writing (unedited)

My whole family was having a dinner in a crowded coffee shop. While my parents were ordering food, I noticed that a man was standing very close to a woman and acting suspiciously. From where I was, I saw the man’s hand in the woman’s handbag. I was shocked. Thoughts raced through my mind “was he stealing the wallet, phone or both!”
I shook and went out of daze. I informed my parents and they called the police while I kept watch. I saw the man taking out the lady’s purse and leaving the place quietly. Our family followed the man till the road side. Luckily, police were getting efficient and arrived in no time. Out of the blue, from inside the coffee shop, screams were heard. Upon hearing the screams, the man knew, someone had called the police because witnesses saw him. He hopped onto the motorcycle he had parked nearby and started the engines.
Too bad, lady luck was not with him, he had dropped his keys and I picked them up. I was happy at that time as I thought that I had helped the police to catch a thief. The thief ran forward to me and clutched me at my neck. I was shocked. He took out a gun from behind his back and pointed at everyone, preventing them from coming near. My heart was in my mouth and I was scared out of my wits. I looked at him, terrified and disgusted by his breath which smelled like a thousand cloves of garlic and other smelly vegetables. I felt like a hostage held in an action movie.
“Put the gun down and let the boy free!! Now! Or we will shoot!” the police commanded.
The thief smirked and placed the gun on my head. Suddenly, “BANG!” A shot was heard. I thought I was dead and saw stars at that time but when I opened my eyes, one of the police officer’s eye was closed. He had shot the man right in his head. “Headshot. I'M ALIVE!!!”
I rushed out to my parents and hugged them tightly. “Are the police allowed to take out guns and shoot the culprit like in this incident?” I asked my parents.
“No, they were not supposed to take It out but to save my precious son they will have to take out the gun otherwise I will sue them,” My father joked.
After returning the wallet to the lady, we gave our statements to the police and retreated home. What an exciting and fun-filled day with full of dangers too. I hoped that although I was held hostage, I would have another of this day.
Done by:
Edrick Sim
Make the most of what you can do on your PC and the Web, just the way you want. Windows Live

No comments: