Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CW: Qi Jian's Writing (unedited)

Never had I expected to be a witness in an accident. At the

thought of jaywalking, adrenaline coursed through every vein in my body

and I vowed I would not jaywalk and would use the pedestrian crossing.

One day, our family decided to go home after shopping for one hour in the Hougang Shopping Center.

Just when we reached the exit, I saw a driver’s car swerving

from lane to lane recklessly. The Red Honda car was cruising at a speed of

120km/h.

In front of his car was a bicycle with a man riding on it.

Oh no! Something bad is going to happen!” I gasped and my

whole face turned pale.

The driver of the car honked loudly and angrily at the cyclist.

The driver quickly jammed on the brakes but it was too late.

The cyclist was flung against the car’s bonnet and with a loud

thud, he landed on the road. Lying in a sprawl, legs and arms in a contorted

position. His ankles had been violently rotated to the side. Blood was oozing

out from the cyclist’s knee. His face was pale and was smeared with blood.

The errant driver came out of his car and took away the victim’s wallet.

With a screech, he took off.

“How could he do that! He is inhuman!” I cursed him

“I wish he can experience the same accident as that victim,” I cursed him again.

While I was cursing him, the witness of the accident fished out their handphones and dialed for the ambulance and the police. Within minutes, the

sirens of the ambulance reverberated through the air. The paramedics carried the victim onto the stretcher and darted off.

After the ambulance had let, what remained on the road were spots of blood and broken shards of glass.

“If you do not want to involved in any road accident, you need to be extra careful and do not jaywalk or else your ending will be the same as that

victim or even worse,” my mother warned me

1 comment:

PYB said...

While I was cursing him, the witness(witnesses) of the accident fished out their handphones and dialed for the ambulance and the police.